About Me

My photo
I'm pretty much a typist for the Holy Spirit. I try to put those things into words in a blog called Jane's Journey. I have another blog for recipes called My Life in Food. Also Really Cool Stuff features Labyrinths and other things like how to fry an egg on the sidewalk.(first step: don't do it on the sidewalk, use a skillet) Come along with me as I careen through life.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Retreat Season Opener

I'm not quite ready for this week's blog yet. I'm off at Gilmont having fun.  While we're waiting here's some snaps of what we've been doing.

It's billed a Spiritual Renewal Through the Arts.  But it's really more like  Craft Camp for Old People.

The first thing I learned is to take a photo the schedule. Then I have it in my phone whenever I need it.  Nobody needs paper anymore.


Then we learned how to make a dandy shelf


And how to create stuff out of stained glass.   Except I don't have a photo of that yet.
What I do have a photo of is the rainbow yesterday.

We also have painting class--which I didn't take.
Instead we set out my wood lathe and folks really took to that.




I learned a bunch of other stuff.  I'll tell you about all that tomorrow.

Come back then.

No comments: