About Me

My photo
I'm pretty much a typist for the Holy Spirit. I try to put those things into words in a blog called Jane's Journey. I have another blog for recipes called My Life in Food. Also Really Cool Stuff features Labyrinths and other things like how to fry an egg on the sidewalk.(first step: don't do it on the sidewalk, use a skillet) Come along with me as I careen through life.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another photo of the day for today

This is my second posting for today so you'll want to keep scrolling to get to my original posting...but this one was too good to pass up.

This not only shows you what a georgeous day it's been today and how beautiful our grounds are but it also shows the camp managers I'm here with. Harold and Dona Peck are from Postville, Iowa and they're just about the nicest people on the face of the planet. They are perfect for this job. Not that it hasn't been a challenge for them. They live in a small town in Iowa and aren't used to a lot of traffic. Beaven advised them on buying their first GPS for the car so I don't think they worry about getting lost anymore. The rest of managing the camp is second nature to them both.

They were raking leaves after picking up after about three huge limbs that fell out of the trees. They were Gustav damaged limbs that had gotten hung up high in the tree until a windy night early in the week.

The air was crisp and clean today. Just cool enough to keep you from sweating when you worked. Cool enough for a jacket in the morning.

God is good.

No comments: