About Me

My photo
I'm pretty much a typist for the Holy Spirit. I try to put those things into words in a blog called Jane's Journey. I have another blog for recipes called My Life in Food. Also Really Cool Stuff features Labyrinths and other things like how to fry an egg on the sidewalk.(first step: don't do it on the sidewalk, use a skillet) Come along with me as I careen through life.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Stop the Presses!!

Late breaking news! And simply the MOST exciting thing to happen in Pearlington, Mississippi since the day Katrina arrived. We have a ....gee, what do I call it?....We have a Hot Dog Stand down the street!! Two blocks away on Highway 604, within walking distance from the camp stands "Hattie and DW's". I stopped by when I saw the brightly lighted cart in a parking lot. Hattie was inside "practicing". She doesn't officially open until tomorrow. Eventually she wants to offer breakfast, lunch and dinner. But for now she's just doing lunch and dinner. I saw a hamburger inside the cart. Folks say she's going to cook corny dogs. And a little girl looked up at Hattie in the cart and asked about funnel cakes. And, yes, she's going to serve those, too.

I can't tell you what a great feeling it was to hear voices and see people walking around. Until now, Pearlington has had only two places to get food: the gas station on Highway 90 and Turtle Landing. You have to drive your car to get to those places and they're not kid friendly places. This will be a great place for kids to spend their parents' money.

It's a small step, I know. But such a refreshing one to witness.

I'll try to add a picture tomorrow so come back then. Also if you came for my regular Wednesday words of wit and wisdom, scroll down to that entry.

No comments: