About Me

My photo
I'm pretty much a typist for the Holy Spirit. I try to put those things into words in a blog called Jane's Journey. I have another blog for recipes called My Life in Food. Also Really Cool Stuff features Labyrinths and other things like how to fry an egg on the sidewalk.(first step: don't do it on the sidewalk, use a skillet) Come along with me as I careen through life.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Full Circle

I’ve had a little “event” come up and I’ve got to get this week’s posting out there so I can move on to bigger things. I was sitting here about to bore you to tears with another story of working in the church with kids. The picture below shows not only Sarah, my oldest grandchild, but in the background is Stephen Cottingham. The thing I wanted to tell you was how satisfying it was for me to not only be there when Sarah went to church camp for the first time but the even more blessed feeling to watch Stephen lead the event. I took Stephen to this same camp when he was about Sarah’s age. Now he’s leading them. I’ve come full circle.

But I have to stop here. I just got a call that the Other Stephen, my son-in-law, Steve……..has Chicken Pox. Yes, Chicken Pox, the disease only little kids get. I can’t claim that he was a defective groom and ask for a refund on the wedding because he caught them from Emily. They BOTH have Chicken Pox. So, you can see why I can’t write any more. I have to get packing and go help with the kids while they recover.

And, by packing, I mean for my trip to Mississippi that I leave for on Sunday. I found myself with not much to do for a couple of weeks so I decided to go back to Pearlington to help. So, life is kind of busy right now.

I’ll give you a full report when I get back. I hope they’ll let me take pictures of them. I know she and Steve will laugh about this some day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,
After reading some of your posts in preparation for our group's trip to Pearlington, it was great to actually see you there and work with you last week. Their hospitality and strength keep making us want to go back and work harder. I hope that all is well and I hope to see you again in Pearlington soon. We should be back shortly.

Regards,
Jason from Summerville, SC

Unknown said...

Jane,
I am glad to hear that you are back and well. We are reporting to the congregation tomorrow. I hope to recruit electricians and plumbers for the next trip. Originally, we were thinking every 6 months, but I would like to go back at least every 3 months. Summerville Pres is going down in a few weeks, so I think that we can keep the momentum going. I am glad that each group can continue to make progress. The residents there like Shirley make us want to go back. Keep up your posts. Your writings are as eloquent as you are in person. We will see you again there soon.